Our Disney Trip – Day Four

Friday April 18
I got up kind of early and let P and G sleep. I went downstairs and tried to sort out what we needed to do with the bags, check-out, etc. It was actually quite simple once I had all the steps worked out in my head. They really want you to be able to make the most of your last day there. G and I were thinking about going to the Animal Kingdom park. There are a lot of kid friendly things to do there and we thought that P would enjoy it. She however had other ideas. She really wanted to see The Playhouse Disney show at the Hollywood Studios so that is where we went. We packed all our stuff up so we were ready to leave our room at 10 am. We checked our bags and left our carry-ons with the valet. My parents didn’t do the same. They had arranged for a late 1pm check-out and weren’t ready to leave their room yet. My Aunt and Uncle were coming to pick them up at 2:30 (typically they didn’t get there until after 3) and my Dad was worried about getting back in time. I wasn’t exactly encouraging them to come along with us. I wanted them to see their Grandaughter of course but wasn’t anxious for the possibility of anymore outbursts from him. We took the bus down to the Studios. It was a pretty quick ride. The show has recently been revamped to feature some of the newer Playhouse Disney characters (like the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse pals and characters from Handy Manny, Little Einsteins and My Friends Tigger and Pooh. It is all done with puppets and a live actress and I thought it was done well but it was very simplistic. It is geared more towards toddlers than pre-schoolers I thought. We also had to sit on the floor which I didn’t like too much at all. It was cute and P enjoyed it I think. After the show we took her to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground which may have been a bit of a mistake. She got a little lost in there for a moment and we wanted to leave right after. Even though the place scared her a little bit she wasn’t done playing yet and got a little whiny about it. We had to find somewhere to eat. She was better after lunch but she knew that we were leaving at the end of the day so there was a crying moment at every moment all afternoon. We tried to do some more character encounters (Chip & Dale! Daisy Duck!) but kept on getting there as they were closing the lines. We ran into see The Little Mermaid which was OK. There was way too much of the Sea Witch in it for my taste. How much maniacal laughter are we supposed to take after all? There definitely wasn’t too much else for us to do there. We missed the start time for the Beauty and the Beast Show and she’s too little for the rides there. As we started to make our way out of the park and back to the hotel she started crying that she wanted to go to the Animal Park. I knew that she was just sad about leaving but it did get a little annoying after a while. We tried to explain to her that we could have gone there but she wanted to go and see Playhouse Disney instead and now there wasn’t any time left to do both. She cried on the entire bus ride home. We got her some food when we got back to the hotel and she got to decorate a cookie. My Aunt and Uncle finally got there and we visited with them a little bit before we got on the bus at 4:05 to go back to the airport. P was exhausted and fell asleep in my lap on the bus. It has been a long time since she has done anything like that. She was surprisingly happy when we got there – she was dancing through the security line. We didn’t have long to wait for our plane and she and G started playing Mermaids in the waiting area. He sat next to her on the plane and they played the whole way home. She preferred Mommy a number of times throughout the trip so it was nice to see them getting a little Daddy-Daughter time in together. Now that she is getting older she wants her Mommy at scary times when she used to always want Daddy and he isn’t used to that yet. He takes it very personally sometimes. Some ladies were admiring his Daddying style after we got off the plane and were waiting for the bags. They were impressed that he had played with her the entire trip. It allowed me to catch up on my Dog Whisperer and Step It Up and Dance episodes. I can’t compete when it comes to playing so I don’t even try. We were home by a quarter to 11. It is definitely a nice short commute to and from the airport to our house. P whimpered and cried the whole way home. She ate a little bit before whimpering and crying herself to sleep. It definitely felt good to sleep in our own beds again. It really was a great trip. I want to go back again very soon. You could definitely spend a lot of time and money there but if you have a young child you’re pretty much guaranteed a good time.

Tagged , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: